Sunday, September 5, 2010

Our Farm Store

Now Worldwide! Our on-line farm store is open now and ready for business! We don't have all of the seeds in stock yet as some of them are still growing and ripening outside, but many are ready.

I am gearing up now to make soap and grated M&P soap base.

My two books: "Making Organic Soap at Home" and "Making Organic Wine at Home" are both for sale on the site, too! I have another book at a publisher that is an extended cookbook. It's a large book with 13 chapters with tips on various parts of the home and DIY stuff. The cooking and recipe section is huge. There was a bit of back and forth discussion on the name but I believe it's called, "The Healthy Homemaker's Handbook". I don't know when the first print run will take place. It is suppose to be soon, though. It will be sold in the US. If I want it sold in Canada I will have to find a distributor. I wonder if I can distribute it, myself? Something more to think about. I may sell it in our new farm store, if I can work that out with the publisher.

I am thinking of selling "Shaggy Mane Mushroom Starter" too. Shipped within Canada only, as I don't know how the border would treat it. It will be a liquid that is poured on the prepared ground. Any feedback on this? Would anyone be interested in it? It's just an idea I have had for a couple of years.

Take a look around the new site, use the shopping cart, just don't actually buy anything unless you want to, as it is live. You can cancel any purchase before paying.

We are only shipping to Canada and the US for now, but will be including worldwide shipping soon. I just need the time to write and program the site with the shipping charges for the various areas. Between fence building, working, harvesting, preserving, weeding, seeding, etc, etc, I've had very little time to work on the site.

I did our farm site myself. I would like to add another section called "Web Design for Small Businesses" as a way to help those who are homesteading and trying to make a living at home. It's just an idea. If you think you might be interested in a site like mine in the future, please give me some feedback in this area. How much you would be willing to pay for how many pages, etc. etc. (I just have to be careful not to take on too much at once. ) If I have to quit one of my outside jobs to work from home, then that's just what I will have to do. (It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it) :-)

We are so excited about this new adventure! This is a test year for us. We realize that a business like this needs a few years to grow, but we are hopeful. We know, of course, that the Lord is ultimately in control of every aspect of our lives and we don't know how this will go, but we are trusting Him to work things out the way He wants them to be. "All things work together for good to those who love God... In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy path." This is a verse that we take to heart and depend on, so we acknowledge Him in all our ways. Whatever comes, it will all be for His glory, regardless of the outcome.

11 comments:

Rose H (UK) said...

Wishing you good luck and much success with your new endeavour.
Best wishes from 'over the pond'
Rose H

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

The farm store looks great! We don't use credit cards or pay pal, would you be open to a money order via snail mail? I'm interested in your soap e-book and some herbs seeds.
Good luck, it looks wonderful, you did a great JOB!

Sheryl at Providence North said...

I will definitely take cheques or money orders (international money orders from the US, please). I have added a page with directions for doing just that. It's here:
http://www.artbysheryl.com/providenceacres/ordering.htm

Sheryl at Providence North said...

I have made a lot of changes this morning, and will be continuing to work on it. Hopefully I will have the worldwide ordering section ready in another week or so.

Granny said...

How exciting for you! I'm not ready for ordering seeds yet but will definitely be ordering from you in the near future. I'm off to check out your farm store now.

Sheryl at Providence North said...

The worldwide section is working now.

Michelle said...

Congratulations Sheryl, the Farms Store is very nice! I look forward to being able to order some of your squash seeds & soaps very soon. What is the soap base?

The JR said...

Congrats on your efforts. Sounds like you've been and will be very busy.

Would luv to grow mushrooms one day. The shaggy manes are one of the ones I wanted to try.

Sheryl at Providence North said...

Ramona, I wish there were a way for me to ship you some starter!

Michelle, the soap base is melt and pour (M&P) soap for crafters and I am selling it pregrated for melting. Its purely organic and I will be posting the ingredients on the site, as soon as I get it made and grated.

I will also be selling soap bars, with ingredients posted.

K said...

Congratulations & best wishes on your new venture! Perusing seed catalogs/sources is part of my New Year celebration. I'll be back for certain!

Just an FYI, the "Pet Portraits" link goes to the seed section.

Cheers!

Sheryl at Providence North said...

Oh my! I'm so sorry about that! I will have to fix that tonight!
Thank you, Kate!

You can get the pet portrait page here:
http://www.artbysheryl.com/providenceacres/farmstore_Can_US_pets.htm

There is a menu at the top of the seed page with a Pet Portrat link that does work.