Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Cat's Play for Attention




This is a common picture when I'm trying to do some close work. Any chance for some attention is a good time for Shadow. He's a sweetheart, for all he's a tough cookie! He's a great mouser, lining them up on the front porch when they are active!

This past weekend the snow and ice melted somewhat and fell off the house and roof. There was about an hour of time when a lot of big noise was coming in from outside. Shadow didn't hide under the couch (his favourite spot when a stranger comes into the house). He sat up alert beside me and growled loudly the whole time, ready to do battle. When there was more ice falling noise from the bedroom window upstairs, he ran up there to meet it, growling all the way! With all this courage, he is very gentle and sweet. You can pick him up roughly or push him off the counter top (a rare occurrence) and he will just purr the entire time. No matter what you do, if you touch him, he purrs. I have never felt his claws or teeth, even in play.

When Hubby put a single empty can of tuna on the floor for them, Abby ran up first and began to lick it clean. Shadow came behind her and licked her ears, encouraging her to keep eating. When she was half finished, she stepped back and let him have his share. It was so sweet. They really have bonded and he takes care of her. He goes to look for her if she doesn't come when I am feeding them. (He's ALWAYS there when I am feeding them! lol!) 


5 comments:

The JR said...

Shadow is a very sweet boy.

Great job, I'm ready to see mine popping up out of the ground.

mikol said...

looks great to me. did you completed some professional painting course?

Sheryl at Providence North said...

Other than taking it for a few years as an elective school, no. I've done drawing and painting all my live. My mother and grandmother were both artist too, as is my daughter :-)

Linda said...

I love Daffodils...your painting is beautiful. I found you on CITR and signed up as a follower. Come and visit me anytime...have a great day!

seo said...

very good painting. just blogwalking