Sunday, July 17, 2011

Beer Butt Chicken



You've heard of "fluffy butt chickens"? Well, these are a little different!

Chickens sitting on an open beer can full of beer. It will boil and continually baste the inside of the chicken. The can should fit tight enough that the beer doesn't leak out the bottom.

The sauce recipe:
1/2 cup real butter
2 Tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of cayenne
4-6 cloves fresh garlic minced
1/4 cup parsley

Freshly dried parsley from the garden!









OK, this was my chicken BBQ post. The following is an excerpt from hubby's, who actually did the prep and cooking, as he usually does. I do the baking...usually.

"I took my chickens for a walk today. I closed the lid so I guess they won't go far. That's 3/4 full cans of beer they're sitting on, a place to rest if they get tired. I'll come back in a couple of hours and see how they're getting on. I hope they enjoy the exercise!"

I had to post it. His is so much more colourful than mine! lol!

6 comments:

icebear said...

What is the name of your hubby's blog? i'd love to read it as well as yours.

those chickens were yummy i bet!

Sheryl at Providence North said...

They are still on the BBQ! I can't wait for them to get ready! I'm starved!

Hubby posted this on a programming forum that he frequents. I'm trying to convince him to start a cooking blog. He is so good at it!

icebear said...

i see.. he definitely has a way with words!

hope those chickens are done by now! lol

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

BAHAAAA love the name of the chicken. Too funny! I will be trying this recipe very soon. They look yummy!! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Sheryl at Providence North said...

The chicken was delicious! So juicy and tender and tasty!

The JR said...

Your hubby is funny.

They look so good.