Saturday, August 13, 2011

The 2012 Season Wines


I love making wine! Wines of all kinds, out of everything possible! The first thing I think of when I see something at all edible is, "Can I make wine from that?" I have many different wines in various stages at any given time.
This year so far I have made these three one gallon jugs on the counter: Apple, Maple 
and Mint.












I also have one gallon of chocolate mint in the primary fermentor that was just started last week.











The other wines I have been making are in the 5-6 gallon fermenters. I have rhubarb wine in a secondary fermenter.










I have strawberry wine in a secondary fermenter, as well.











I have 5-6 gallons of rose petal wine in the primary fermenter.










I have enough raspberries in the freezer to make 5 gallons of raspberry wine one day next week. These are red and black rapsberry mixed.






Also in the freezer awaiting their chance to become wine are this year's first ground cherries, just picked yesterday,









and the very first hibiscus blossom petals, just picked today!







The one I am the most excited to try is the chocolate mint! Tea made with chocolate mint is so good! I will probably make another one gallon jug of it before fall, perhaps even 5 gallons, if I can get enough leaves!



This year promises to be a great wine making year! You can get started making your own organic wines at home with a free e-book that I have written entitled, "Making Organic Wine at Home". The link to download it is in the top right column. It's a lot of fun and a great creative outlet. I like drinking the wines because they contain all the phytochemicals and antioxidants of the fruits, herbs and flowers themselves. Making it into wine is just like making juice. There are so many things out there that will make excellent wine!



3 comments:

Michelle said...

Because of your pretty wine pictures, I pulled 4 gallon wine bottles out of the recycle bin at the dump this summer. If I end up making wine it will be because of your e book. Very nice, thank you!

Sheryl at Providence North said...

You are very welcome! That's quite a find! I would love to get some one gallon wine jugs from a recycle bin! They are hard to come by here unless one buys them new for $8.

Good luck wth the wine making! If you need help or have any questions,just shoot me an email.

I have to warn you, though: It's addictive!

The JR said...

The colors are all so beautiful! Enjoy them.