Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Valerian

I am looking for some valerian herb plants but am having a hard time finding any at this time of year.

I would love to trade with someone in Canada for some valerian plants. It's not the red flower valerian I am looking for, but the valerian root herb with the white flowers (Valeriana officinalis).

If you want to trade small pieces of plants that will fit into a bubble envelope, please send me an email. Let me know if there is something in particular you are looking for, I might have it.

5 comments:

The JR said...

Good luck in finding them. I don't have any.

Anonymous said...

Well, I have white and pink . But I live in the US. I don't think it can be shipped across the border legally?

Before I moved from my old house I had a nice german elderly woman that used to stroll by my garden to look at the flowers. When we were moving she asked if she could have some Valerian as her mother used to make a tea at night for her and her sister so they could sleep though the bombing noise. It reminded her of "home".

TinaH

Sheryl at Providence North said...

Hi Tina! Plants cannot be shipped, although I think it depends on who is at the border at the time. The Canadian customs people are much easier to get along with and the laws are not so strict, but I could not send plants to you.

Seeds are safer. Would you have seeds for the white? We can trade seeds!

Anonymous said...

I will check and see if there are any seeds and get back to you.

Tina

Sheryl at Providence North said...

Thank you so much! That would be great! lmk if you find some and we'll trade! Send me an email.