Friday, January 27, 2012

World Class Meatloaf!



This is a fantastic meatloaf! It's juicy and delicious with just a slight hint of cheddar flavour. It's Lloyd Gallant's recipe, developed in his kitchen.

World Class Meatloaf!

3/4 lb ground beef
3/4 lb ground pork
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup milk
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 large egg
2 tablespoon parsley
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon sage

Mix well, bake at 350F for 1/2 hour covered with foil. Remove foil and bake another 1/2 hour.






This makes a great meatloaf with well browned sides and bottom!

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

That looks good enough to try, but I'll leave the sage out. Thanks!

The JR said...

I luv a good ol meatloaf sandwich.

Sheryl at Providence North said...

Me too! This makes great sandwiches!

Michelle's Green Thumb said...

I was introduced to meatloaf sandwiches a couple years ago & fell back in love with meatloaf (my mother ruined meatloaf for me for about 20 years...).

I make a 'hamburger spread' to go with it: red hamburger relish with chutney (any kind). Add some sharp cheddar & thin red onion & serve on doughy white bread.
mmmmmm....

Sheryl at Providence North said...

Wow! That sounds really good! I like a zucchini relish that is made by Strub's called "Willies". It's fabulous on anything! I like their garlic dill pickle slices on everything too! I like to fry the meatloaf slices until they are slightly crispy, then put on whole grain bread with Havarti, Willies relish, fresh tomato slices and mayo, then grill like a panini until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy. Sometimes I add ketchup too. Delicious!