Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rooting Bucket

I have made a rooting bucket. It's just a big bin full of sand, embued with very old chicken manure runoff. I have a piece of plastic to cover the top and intend to spray it whenever I pass by. I used rooting hormone for these.

In my new rooting bucket I have: rugosa roses, variegated dogwood shrub, climbing hydrangea, a golden leaf hydrangea of some kind, euonymous europaeus, forsythia, purple leaf sand cherry, pink rhododendron and curly willow. I have room in there for a few more and another bin just like that one, if I run out of room.

I have chocolate mint and large weeping willow rooting on a shelf. They don't need hormone or a special covered humid bin.

I'm very excited about it and have high hopes!!

4 comments:

The JR said...

Good luck with them. I accidently rooted a pomegranite. I think it's going to live now. Am trying to root a couple of figs....well they actually had roots to start with. So I'm hoping they'll live. But, they are not very happy right now.

Clayton said...

Good luck. May be too rich a mix. I will be interested to see how it works.

Sheryl at Providence North said...

I thought of that too, with the old chicken manure, but it's just some run off from last year. I may need to take sand from the front of the property without the run off from the chicken pen. I'll see how it goes.

I want to add some cutting sform my good dahlias too.

icebear said...

I love trying my luck with cuttings. The idea of free increase is so romantic to me! lol