Saturday, June 18, 2011

Strawberry Jam!



Our strawberries are ready now! I pick a large colander full every morning. We eat a lot, as is. They are so sweet right from the garden!

I put about half of them, daily, into my wine bucket in the freezer. Yesterday I made some strawberry freezer jam. I will make more tomorrow too. We don't eat a lot of jam. I hardly ever eat it due to the sugar content, but hubby likes a little now and then and it makes great gifts!

I will be freezing some strawberries for winter eating too! We love strawberries.

I hope I get enough this year to make 6 gallons of wine. If not, I will have more next year! I am enlarging the strawberry garden.

3 comments:

Clayton said...

Tis the season! Nice crop of berries. We do not have anything yet. I have Tristar Day neutrals. You definitely have a great collection of things to work with. Did you have any luck with the EBH seeds?

Sheryl at Providence North said...

Hi Clayton! I planted them about a month ago. Still watching and waiting for them to sprout. I know it takes time. I'm sure they will eventually come up.

I will keep you posted!

The JR said...

Those home grown strawberries are so much better than storebought.

Very pretty Jam.